Friday, January 22, 2010

FINALLY SETTLED

Well, after Tyler and I picked up and moved in about 2 weeks across country, you could imagine our stress levels being through the roof. We had a lot to worry about like where we were going to live and how we were going to fill our other apartment so we wouldn't have to pay 2 seperate rents (hopefully this makes sense). Thankfully, everything got worked out. We are now living in Irving, Texas which is a lot closer to my family than I had previously anticipated, considering I thought I was going to be living in Dallas, but this is much better! Tyler has already started his classes 2 weeks ago, and is really enjoying it. He even brought home a spine the other day, ha it was so funny. He brought home this huge box, and I asked him "what's in the box?", he simply replied, "you'll see". He pulls out this huge skeleton of a spine haha! He was so proud of it. I am proud too.


















Christmas was a lot of fun, I haven't been home for Christmas in 2 years. It could have been a little bit more relaxing if Tyler and I hadn't been apartment searching, but nonetheless it was still nice to be home. Ashlyn had a blast with my parents' horses and big back yard. We all played baseball one of the first days we got there, so much fun! We also hit a pinata on Christmas Eve, which Tyler ended up wearing on his head ha.


























































Ashlyn Update:

  • can run really well
  • loves to say no to everything
  • is getting jealous of Jack, and my phone ha
  • loves her hair sooo much that she will pull it out in hand fulls
  • loves The Jungle Book, she will watch the entire movie without making a peep
  • loves feeding herself and her little babies
  • loves singing, she walks around doing it all the time, it's so cute
  • loves walking backwards
  • loves coloring, she has already drawn on my wall
Just thought yall might like a little update on her, she will be 16 months in 3 days and she weighs only 22 lbs. and is 29in. tall. Crazy huh? Till next time.

6 comments:

Laura said...

SO glad you guys are doing well! I thought you would be in Irving! You are at the Story Road church building, right? I am sorry we didn't get to say good bye! I didn't know you were leaving SO fast! Chip told me the night before you pulled out of Logan! Hope all is well! So glad you are by family!

Jewelcat said...

Yeah! I love it when you update! So fun! I'm glad you're closer to me now! YEAH AGAIN! I'm already having fun with yall! xoxox

Meg said...

I'm glad to hear you guys are all moved and getting settled! I bet that's nice to be closer to family. Ashlyn is darling, like always...I'm jealous she'll sit through a whole movie - Beck will tolerate TV occassionally in the car.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I finally get to hear how you guys are doing! I'm glad you guys are settled and had a good Christmas. Oh, she is so cute. Can I request pictures of the new apartment? Love the update!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy your move went well, and that you had a good Christmas. I can't believe how big your little girl is getting, it seems just like yesterday she was in your tummy!

Chris & Tara said...

Hey Kimbo, It's been awhile since you've last updated and I know there's been a lot to blog about! (look at me hounding you about blogging, ha) I hope texass is treating you guys well. It sounds like Tyler doesn't love the driving there, ha. How is school going for him? Have you done any projects lately? Call me sometime :)