Saturday, May 16, 2009

SLACKER

Okay I know I have been slacking on updating my blog, I have been crazy busy lately being gone from my house and visiting family. I am currently at my sister, Becky's house visiting her so Tyler will be able to focus on studying for the DAT. I miss him like crazy, but just one more day...yeah!

It is amazing how fast Ashlyn learns, I feel like as a parent/teacher I can barely keep up. I feel like I just get the hang of her moods, or I finally get her on a schedule and she changes it. She is such a girl, always changing her mind about what she wants. And she is sassy, I love it, she definitely gets that from her momma. I will post pictures when I get home because I forgot my camera cord to hook up to the computer; but I thought I would update everyone on what Ashlyn is doing now.

7 months old and Ashlyn can do, her likes/dislikes:

  • sit up
  • drop her toys just to watch what happens when they hit the floor
  • fake coughs
  • fake cries
  • loves going outside on walks
  • loves new faces (as long as I am holding her)
  • loves, and is a little obsessed with her momma
  • says dada (indiscriminately), gaga, etc.
  • squeals, talks a lot (I have to take her out of church all the time, she loves talking)
  • loves her baby food and baby cereal
  • loves her crackers
  • loves drinking out of a glass
  • loves standing
  • will hold on to my hands and walk (she will probably walk before she crawls)
  • can pull up using a chair, my shirt, coffee table, etc.
  • loves her jumper
  • rolls over both ways, scoots
  • can get to sitting position from her stomach (I just barely found her sitting up in her crib this week, so fun)
  • can get up on her hands and knees (randomly, she's not a pro yet)
  • loves eating my phone, I can't stop her
  • loves Baby Einstein
  • loves it when people whistle (she smiles so big, and laughs)
  • loves to share (she likes to share her pacifier with me, she thinks it's hilarious)
  • absolutely loves my dog Jack
  • hates naps, and will fight you to the end
  • loves hair pulling, necklaces, mouths
  • loves the Ensign (I left her on the floor with her toys the other day, then I found her 2 seconds later with an Ensign which she had torn up. She had rolled to my coffee table and stole the Ensign)

There is so much more that she likes and dislikes, just not enough time. We are best buds, and are having a blast! I will post pics soon!

























































4 comments:

Meg said...

Wow, I can't believe she can pull herself up to a standing position! I think Beck too will walk before he crawls. I can't wait to see pictures!

Toones said...

Im jealous Kimberly. Hopefully I can have what you have very soon.

Jewelcat said...

That's right you have been a slacker! LOL!!! I love the new pics, so cute! Did yall have fun with Becky while you stayed there? Looks like it! Love the pics with Jack and Sargent too!!! Adoable! I can't wait to see more!!!.....

Unknown said...

she is getting so big and so dang cute!! ps the movie was great!! we loved it!